Monday, June 15, 2009

MINI E #017 is home - finally...


So I finally took delivery of SSN #017 after many months of delays - am I smiling? Yes, even though some clown tried to take the cover off my Discovery which is now parked outside to make room for the 017. And no, it wasn't the wind that was the culprit. Good thing I used 2 bungee cords to keep it in place. Now I need to devise a locking mechanism - and I know who you are...

I enjoyed the 20+ mile drive home - and it was certainly the long way home so my two daughters can touch the car before my coworkers do tomorrow ;) They liked the new car.

It didn't take me too long to get used to the regen feature - I just need to master it so I don't "stop short" at the intersection. MINI E does have gobs of torque, seemingly at any speed, up to the electronic nanny at 95 MPH - no, I didn't test the limiter. Not yet ;)

My HV 240 V charger is not functional - and I'm not going to fiddle w/ it until it passes the city inspection. It's just not worth the risk to damage the controls or the PC board. 110 V will do for now, especially w/ access to an outlet at work. No shade at the new spot, but I'll take the much needed juice.

I'll post updates tomorrow after a potential photo shoot for Motor Trend Korean edition...

No comments:

Post a Comment